Note:AssessmentDay and its products are not affiliated with Pearson or TalentLens. Our practice tests are intended only for candidate preparation, not for employee selection.
TalentLens is a leading psychometric test publiser based in London and Oxford. They are part of Person Education Ltd and have international reach. They offer various psychometric test, including the popular Watson Glaser Critical Thinking Appraisal and the RAVEN'S Advanced Progressive Matrices (APM-III). Given the popularity of these test types, it is likely that candidates will come across TalentLens tests during their recruitment applications. More information on the Watson Glaser Critical Thinking Appraisal here: Watson-Glaser Critical Thinking Appraisal
TalentLens Aptitude Tests
TalentLens is a leading psychometric test publiser based in London and Oxford. They are part of Person Education Ltd and have international reach. They offer various psychometric test, including the popular Watson Glaser Critical Thinking Appraisal and the RAVEN'S Advanced Progressive Matrices (APM-III). Given the popularity of these test types, it is likely that candidates will come across TalentLens tests during their recruitment applications. We give a list here of the most commonly used Talent Q tests:
- Rust Advanced Numerical Reasoning Appraisal (RANRA): The RANRA is a 30 minute in length, timed numerical reasoning test which measures a candidate’s ability to apply advanced numerical and statistical competencies. Unlike a standard numerical reasoning test, the RANRA requires deductive skills, and analytic abilities. Its difficulty means that it is designed for higher level positions, as it is the expected competency for Executive or Senior Management positions. This can be used alongside TalentLen's other products, such as their Watson-Glaser Critical Thinking Appraisal and Raven's Advanced Progressive Matrices.
- The Watson-Glaser Critical Thinking Appraisal (W-GCTA): TO ADD
- Culture fit: This is a work place values test that evaluates candidates and assesses if they will fit into the culture of the employing organization.
- Athena Numerical Reasoning Assessment: Athena is a numerical reasoning test that lasts 30 minutes. The questions are drawn from an item back in order to make the test unique for each candidate. It is designed to be completed unsupervised online and is used to measure an individual's ability to interpret and correctly utilise numerical information in a variety of ways.
- Raven's Progressive Matrices: Raven'ts Progressive Matrices (APM-III) is a test measures a candidate's ability to quickly pick up new information and apply them, solving new problems quickly and lateral thinking. The test can be done supervised or unsupervised. It typically takes 40 minutes to complete, yet there are two versions of this test, the first is the Advanced Progressive Matrices (APM) which is designed for senior management, contains 23 questions and lasts up to 42 minutes. The Standard Progressive Matrices (SPM) contains 28 items and lasts up to 45 minutes, which is designed for supervisory/entry level positions and mid-level positions.
- Core Abilities Assessment: The Core Abilities Assessment is a quick test of a candidate's general ability via the use of verbal, numerical and abstract reasoning questions. This test may be done earlier in the recruitment process. It comprises of 6 verbal, 7 numerical and 7 abstract reasoning questions.
- Differential Abilities Test Next Generation (DAT): The Differential Aptitude Test Next Generation considers sub0tests that individually measure varbal ability, numerical, abstract and spacial reasoning. The tests pride themselves on being shorter than usual but still providing highly validated results. The test is well regarded as a measure for assessing aptitude and ability across the general population ability range. The tests are untimed, but can take up to 60 minutes if multiple sub-tests are being taken sequentially.
TalentLens Personality Questionnaires
TalentLens also offer personality questionnaires, which can be used to identify a candidate's attitudes, values and preferred work styles, which can be compared with the culture of the hiring organisation to assess workplace fit.
- Orpheus: Orpheus is a personality test designed for use in occupational settings. Orpheus is based upon the Big 5 model of personality but in a worlplace environment. As such, it measures five dimensions: fellowship, authority, conformity, emotion and detail.
- Honey and Mumford: Learning Style Questionnaire: This Learning Style Questionnaire (LSQ) is used to find out how the candidates learns. It is a self-development instrument and can help the individual or group understand how people prefer to take in information. It typically takes between 10-20 minutes to complete.
- Golden Personality Type Profiler: The Golden Personality Type Profiler uses the Five Factor model of personality as well as Jung's Theory of Type to provide a comprehensive profile report on the candidate.
- SOSIE 2nd Generation: The SOSIE 2nd Generation predicts job performnce by assessing personality traits and values. The SOSIE measures eight personality traits, six interpersonal values, and six personal values. Not only does SOSIE report personality and compentencies, but also values all with the same questionnaire.
Find out more about TalentLens
If you want to find out more, feel free to check out TalentLens website here: TalentLens
Other favored test publishers
You may also be interested in these popular tests sections.