Sample Cappfinity-Style verbal reasoning tests - Free
Here you can take our free Cappfinity-style verbal test to show you how they work in improving your score.
Free Sample Cappfinity-Style Verbal Reasoning Test
This sample Cappfinity-style verbal reasoning test contains 8 questions and has no time limit. This test is rated as medium and is typical of the same level as graduate employer Capp-style verbal reasoning tests.
What are Cappfinity verbal assessments?
Cappfinity are a UK-based aptitude test publisher, formerly known simply as 'Capp'.
It is important to know that if you due to take a Cappfinity reasoning tests from an application, they are noticeably and intentionally different from other test publishers such as SHL or Test Partnership. One essential difference in format, is that Cappfinity tests tent t not have a strict time limit. Instead, how ever long it takes for you to complete the test is taking into the measurement of your score, along with how accurate you were in answering questions. You can also move back and forth throuh the questions if you ever get stuck and wish to come back later. Although remember, the quicker you answer the questions, the higher your score. Cappfinity assessments typically fall into three categories: numerical, verbal and critical reasoning tests:
- Cappfinity numerical reasoning tests: Time recorded, not time limited. Three styles of numerical question in one test (pick, type, and rank). See below for more details.
- Cappfinity verbal reasoning tests: Time recorded, not time limited. Five styles of verbal question in one test (styles of communication, missing words, correcttions, rank statements). See below for more details.
- Cappfinity critical reasoning tests: Time recorded, not time limited. Five styles of critical thinking question in one test (logical conclusions, beyond reasonable doubt conclusions, arguments, true/false/cannot say, assumptions). See below for more details.
Why would an employer require you to take a Cappfinity verbal reasoning test specifically?
Cappfinity verbal reasoning tests have a variety of question types that can assess your verbal skills from various perspectives. As stated above, the absence of time limits often means the questions are more challenging than is typical for assessments. This also means that accuracy is keyw when it comes to your answering questions.
We have outlined a list below of the different question styles used in a Cappfinity verbal reasoning test that can be neatly defined:
- Drag-Drop: This question type requires you to determine which category the given responses fit into to. The categories fit archtypes of language, typically polite or casual. You must read the nuance of language, this could be flourishes, expressions, or even adjectives that help identify the appropriate category.
- Drop Down Passage: This question type requires you to input the correct answer from the given drop down answers. You will need to understand the context of the phrases and find the word that is most appropriate.
- Edit Passage: This question type requires you to determine the correct answer and input it directly. The ability to identify and correct common errors in spelling, punctuation and grammar is essential for ensuring accurate written communication.You should correct only the mistakes that you find; you should not try to adapt the text more generally.
- Rank: This question type requires you to determine the correct ranking of the given phrases in the question, typically from most postive to least.
- Multiple Choice: This question type requires you to determine the whether the statements about the passage given are true, false or cannot say.
Preparation for a Cappfinity-style verbal reasoning test
Here is the website for Cappfinity which might be worth checking out. They often run trials which can be great practice, and was as have a limited selection of sample questions to see how it all works in practice.
AssessmentDay offers not only numerous Cappfinity-style verbal practice tests, but also Cappfinity-style numerical practice assessments. These together will help ensure that you are fully prepared and will increase your chances of performing greater on these tests. At minimum due to your reduced anxiety at not knowing what to expect. This confidence will enable you to show your true ability.
Other favored test publishers:
AssessmentDay and its products are not affiliated with Cappfinity. Our practice tests are for candidates to prepare for Cappfinity tests; we do not sell tests for employers to use in selection.